Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Selamat Ari Gawai, Anang Ngirup Sampai Parai

Oh gosh! 1st time blogging and I'm already near-wishing all the ibans out there their deaths. Neh, just kidding. Even if I'm kidding, some of them might still die, I SWEAR !!!

Its the eve of Gawai and I still had to work full shift that ends a 5pm. No offence to the oher working friends but for me, its just not fair. I'm half Iban and I think I' entitled to a day's off. Anyway, there wasn't much to do at the office anyway, so I spent half, oh, make that the entire day watching movies on the pc. Wanted to get a haircut but was thinking whether the salon would be packed with natives, getting their hair permed or colored, BRONZE ala Beyonce Knowles. So I didn't.

Nothing much to write for now, just getting my blog validated and activated. For those of you who might think that the Iban language is funny, here's your chance to laugh your shit-smeared asses off.

Ka bala urang Iban kak nyambut ari gawai,
Anang kelupa kitak nyak agik bisik kerja lepas ari gawai tuk. Anang ngirup tuak sampai nadai nemu mensia gik. Tik lepas minum yak, tinduk, anang ngigak igik ngau urang. Ilak bisik ajak bepantap ke sama kedirik. Tik dah mabok nyak, anang ngirup agik. Iban diak tuk nadai bisik madah "Agik idup, agik ngelaban" pieh. Semua dah MODERN. Ka sidak induk utai bak bekerja di kedai kopi semua, dik semua anang kelupa pulai kerja pieh, ilak aku nadai bisik kedai kopi kak dituju. Alu kirat aku tuk. Dituk, aku ngucap Selamat Ari Gawai ke semua bala urang Iban ngau kaban belayan aku semua. Terimak Kasieh.

Gosh! Typing Iban has like taken 10 years off my life. It's so fucking difficult. I think I better stick to English still.

3 days of holiday and frisbee!! Yaye!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »