Thursday, June 08, 2006

Of Constipation and Chinese Slanking INGRISH

Met up this guy last night. Wasn't really intending to meet him up actually, but since I have not been all that active, might as well take up this chance. It seemed okay at first, when he beeped me on Fridae. He is, to me, an OK looking chinese guy. Average looks, quite nice body, his profile well written, and bla bla bla, the list goes on.
Then, I first met him up, when I picked him up from Magenta, after his so-called business dinner (sounds professionally posh and preppy). Indeed, he got into my car in suits. I was like 'Wah lau eh', then before I said something stupid, I reminded myself that he just finished his BUSINESS dinner woh. So ok lah. I drove the both of us to Lake Park. Was from there at first, cos met Ka Ee (my best girl friend) up.
The moment he sat down, I saw on Ka Ee's face that showed she already didn't really like him. The best has yet to come. We're getting acquainted so-called la. With the usual boring Qs like where u stay, where u work, bla bla bla. Then, this guy, his name's Calvin by the way. A Penang lang staying in Singapore for the past 14 years already, can be considered long, but not as long as me staying in Kuching though (lame, but funny, I know, Thank very much, muah muah). So he started to talk la, well, its a good sign to begin with. But Ka Ee was mortified when Calvin started to say like how Kuching people are constipated (deprived and SAKAI). I was humoured but didn't show it, but Ka Ee was already starting to make faces at his comments.
The whole time he was commenting on the lifetsyle of kuching people, the whole time I was actually paying more attention to Ka Ee, cause I seriously wanted to look at her expressions. Too bad she was controlling hard to ehave (this Ka ee got attitude problem one, BIATCH's the word that describes her best by the way). So there he went, blabbering about how strange the culture is in Kuching compared to Singapore "eh, hello cik abang, YOU tu orang Penang tau ? Bukan orang Singapure orignal, nak berlagak pula".
The funniest part was when he tried to pronounce EAGLE'S NEST. It came out something like "eagirl's netstst". I was like, "yeah, and who said we kuching people are constipated?". I could tell Ka Ee couldn't control herself anymore, cause Calvin was saying all the wrongest things anybody could impossibly have said. Then, thank god, he suggested that we made our move home. I was like "Phew, finally". In the car, he didn say much. Maybe he was tired or maybe I'm just not posh and preppy enough for him to actually fancy me. WAHAHAHA!!!! Alamak, perasannyer. So I dropped him at his hotel at Merdeka Palace and headed straight home. Soon enough after reaching, Ka Ee called and started to complain.
She was complaining and complaining and complaining. I felt bad for introducing such a traumatising exprience to her, and it was hilarious. She kept saying that the next time I wanna meet somebody, better make sure they are not Singaporeans cause like she said, they are very LAN SI. She also complained that she can't stand his chinese slanking English. Dah lah the english sounds very cina, still wanna act one kind. *sigh*.
Ka Ee said something really funny. "Pun jia si Penang lang, khia kin singapore ya beh si kong anei ku, ai kek ji ley khuan, singapore lang eh khuan", meaning "he's originally from penang, not like he grew up in singapore, already wanna adopt the singaporean attitude. I honestly have to agree with her on that. Because I have told this guy that I could bring him around and show him places, Ka Ee actually taught me to lie and tell him that I had sudden plans that cannot be missed or postponed (jahat lah u ni Ka Ee, but I like it). Haha.
This girl ah, complained until her telepon bimbit mati. Oh Tedah. Hahaha. So, that was it. My first meeting up after so long, that turned out disasterous. Lemah nyawa aku memikirkannya.

1 comment:

Prinxess said...

A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. slanking